Pico de Gallo – Not just Tex-Mex/Mexican dishes.
You would be surprised on how many different dishes Pico de Gallo works with! Here are 7 examples:
- 1) Spooned Over Scrambled Eggs.
- 2) Spice Up Your Party Dip.
- 3) Fish Taco Topping.
- 4) Take Pasta Night To Another Level.
- 5) Spooned Over Grilled Eggplant.
- 6) Side Dish or Burrito Filling.
- 7) Elevate Your Grill Game.
I add it to my Baja Fish Tacos
Easy and Quick Pico de Gallo
- pinch of sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of salt with the pinch of sugar. In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes gently with the salt mixture. Add onion and jalapeño and combine.
Place the avocado on top of the tomato mixture and squeeze with lime juice to coat the avocado.
Sprinkle on the cilantro, and stir to combine.