One Skillet | 20 minutes to make | less than 300 calories | Jackpot or what?
You guys one pot meals are totally my jam. I mean you can never go wrong throwing a ton of chicken and fresh veggies into one single skillet and tossing it all together with a delicious peanut sauce! Not only is this recipe perfect for your weekly meal prep (because I must say these leftovers are even better a day later), but there is little to know clean up which makes this dish the perfect weeknight meal!
Trust me and make this –
For this recipe (and similar ones like it), I always try to pre-chop my veggies after I buy them so that when I’m ready to cook I can just throw everything into the pan. That’s the great thing about meal prep, I try to cook my lunches for the week on Sundays, but dinners I like to make fresh each night so pre-chopping everything saves me so much time!
But not only does this make an easy weeknight dinner, but the leftovers taste even better the next day for a healthy lunch! The sauce might be my favorite part too. It’s creamy, lightly sweet and I literally want to drizzle it on everything! There isn’t much spice in this recipe, but feel free to add a tablespoon of Sriracha or red pepper flakes if you like a little heat! I mean you know I am all about spicy – you literally can’t go wrong because the stuff is so good! So yes totally add some to this recipe if you need the good kick!
Doesn’t that look delicious?!
I have been all about quick dinners like this lately since starting my new job. I’m gone most of the day and I am exhausted by the time I get home and want something quick – but more importantly I want something delicious to end my day with. (sometimes paired with a glass of wine, hey – I’m only human!) So this meal was certainly the perfect ending to my day.
I hope you enjoy this One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry as much as I do and remember to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #foodiehappiness if you end up making this! I LOVE seeing all your photos and delicious food!
This Easy 20 minute One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is the perfect weeknight meal that is healthy, full of flavor and perfect for your weekly meal prep!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated or powdered ginger
- 2 or 3 Tbsp water
- To make the sauce, whisk together tamari (or soy sauce), peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, depending on the consistency you prefer, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, mixing it with the chicken.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, snap peas and carrots to the skillet, incorporating everything together. Cook an additional 5 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through, then add cashews and green onions and drizzle the peanut sauce over top.
- Mix everything together with the sauce, coating well, and cook for one more minute. Serve and enjoy!
WW Points+: 7 Smart Points: 8 Remember you can add Sriracha or red pepper flakes to add a little spice!