Y’all are in for a treat! This One Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon & Asparagus is heart healthy and delicious! The entire meal is less than 300 calories per serving!
Making your entire meal in one pan means cooking—and cleanup—are a breeze. Throw all of your ingredients onto one pan and you’ll have a meal that the whole family will enjoy. From chicken to bratwurst to salmon—your sheet pan can cook it all. The dishes are so easy to make that you will want to make one every night of the week.
I’m on a healthy kick! I wish I had started this healthy kick before bathing suit season but it is what it is haha.
As for this salmon, which has been waiting forever to come out of hiding, the flavours are absolutely incredible. Lemon, garlic and parsley are infused in this salmon while it bakes in your oven in only 10 minutes! A one tray meal to feed a hungry hoard, without any stove top to scrub or pans to wash. Can I get an AMEN?!
Plus, the added bonus of baking it WITH all of your desired vegetables adds to the convenience of a one pan meal without worrying about other pans all over the place, boiling over and over cooking your veggies. Or your salmon.
What I love most (and I’m sure you will too), is there’s no need for marinading. The flavours are so intense, they are perfect for coating, baking and eating. Smothered with so.much.flavour with only 2 MAIN flavour ingredients of garlic and lemon juice. From there you can go to town with seasonings: as much salt and pepper as you like with the added flavour subtleness of parsley.
I also love simple, easy meals that taste decadent and rich, but are incredibly healthy – because I won’t lie, eating well isn’t always easy for me.
If I could, I’d live off fried food, cookie dough, and wine. But as I get older I’ve been trying to add a lot more fish and vegetables in my diet.
Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE seafood and vegetables – but for being a food blogger, I am also the world’s WORST dinner planner. Sometimes its just all too easy to turn to a quick and not really healthy meal after a long day of work!
This meal is so simple, there is no excuse NOT to make it.
Even picky eaters will go for this salmon – and it doesn’t give ANY fishy taste or smell (I have some picky noses in my house, too – but this method doesn’t give any fishy smells!).
This would also be a perfect dinner party recipe for an effortlessly elegant meal. I hope you love it as much as I do!
I served this with an orzo mixed with garden vegetables. But I also serve it with this recipe of Greek Rice and Spinach
- 4-6 (6 oz or 170g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- Preheat oven broiler to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange oven shelf to the second top shelf.
- Place the salmon on a large baking tray. Rub each fillet evenly with garlic and parsley to evenly coat; pour over the lemon juice. Sprinkle olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes, or. until salmon is cooked through to your liking (I found 8 minutes is perfect if the oven is hot).
- Serve with the asparagus!