GUYS – THIS RECIPE. OH. MY. GOSH.
This recipe is a favorite of mine. I’m not always a fan of shrimp – neither is my mom. It honestly depends on the recipe. When I was a kid, we’d go to Cancun with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, and I was obsessed with the coconut shrimp the resort served. We went there a couple years for spring break, and I was always so excited about this shrimp. For years after that I wouldn’t eat shrimp unless it was “coconut shrimp”. I know….bratty kid. ANYWAY – certain recipes have grown on me! THIS ONE IS PRETTY CLOSE TO #1.
Did I say it’s a favorite of mine? I’m talking crispy fried cajun shrimp on a bed of creamy fettuccine with a simple creamy sauce that really only requires 3 ingredients, unless you count the salt and pepper.
I have to say – looking at this recipe, you would not think it would take less than half an hour. It looks so good and only 20 minutes. The timing makes it a perfect weeknight dinner but you can still impress! I’m obsessed with those kind of meals.
But honestly, dinner couldn’t get any easier, and we’re talking 20 minutes tops before this dish will make its way onto your dinner table. So have at it!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let me know! Take a picture and tag @foodiehappiness on Instagram so I can see it! I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Crispy Cajun shrimp fettuccine with a super easy creamy sauce and crispy cajun shrimp that can be on your dinner table in 20 minutes tops!
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 lb large shrimp deskilled and deveined
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter (I use smart balance)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with cajun spice and toss well. Drizzle the flour over the shrimp and toss in a bowl to make sure each shrimp is covered in flour.
- In a deep skillet add the butter and olive oil and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on each side about 2 minutes each until crisp. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with additional cajun spice if preferred and/or salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then add the Parmesan cheese and whisk. Add fettuccine and shrimp back to the pot and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.