Woah foodies it’s been awhile. I’ve been cooking a ton but haven’t had time to post on here. (Check out @foodiehappiness on Instagram to see more recent pics of what I’ve been cooking) I’ve been neglecting y’all – forgive me! THIS AVOCADO recipe is TOO DELICIOUS and TOO EASY not to share.
“The contrast between the soft and fresh avocado and the creaminess of a poached egg is brilliant. Good thing is it’s also very healthy and satisfying.”
Loaded with protein, healthy fat and loads of fiber, this quick and easy recipe is perfect for breakfast or snacking.
I preheated the oven (or convection oven, or toaster oven) to 425 – while it is baking I am getting ready for work!! So easy.
Baked Eggs in Avocado | Paleo | Whole30 |
Healthy and quick breakfast of a soft and fresh avocado and the creaminess of a poached egg. Healthy and Satisfying!!
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 small eggs
- spices of your choice (I use cayenne pepper, salt and pepper)
- chives (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Crack the eggs into a bowl, be careful to keep the yolks intact.
- Step 3 Arrange avocado halves in a baking dish, resting them along the edge so avocado won’t tip over.
- Step 4 Gently spoon 1 egg yolk into the avocado hole. Continue spooning egg white into the hole until full. Repeat with remaining egg yolk, egg white, and avocado. Season each filled avocado with spices and chives (optional)
- Step 5 Gently place baking dish in preheated oven and bake until eggs are cooked, about 15 minutes.
Never Miss a Recipe
Subscribe to get our latest recipes by email.